TMVCI welcomes individuals with an interest in supporting military, retiree, surviving spouses, and / or veteran’s issues, or that actively support these groups and their families, to become an individual subscriber. There is no charge or membership fees, but subscribers are strongly urged to actively support the legislative goals of TMVCI and to agree to the following subscriber participation rules.
After you have read the following, you can fill out the online Individual Subscriber Application form at the bottom of this page. Someone will then contact you with further information.
Rules for Becoming an Individual Subscriber of TMVCI
- An individual subscriber must keep their email address current via the TMVCI website.
- Military email addresses and mailing addresses are prohibited.
- An individual subscriber must provide a valid email and phone number.
- An individual subscriber agrees to receive bi-monthly email updates prior to, and during, the Indiana Legislative Session (usually September through March).
- An individual subscriber agrees to receive “Call to Action” emails and /or messages, and will make every effort to act according to their convictions.**
- Individual subscribers are authorized and encouraged to attend monthly meetings and other events supported by TMVCI.
- Individual subscribers are authorized to participate in the annual Military / Retiree / Veterans Info Fair held the first Saturday after Veterans Day (November 11).
- An individual subscriber can submit recommendations and suggestions on legislation changes or additions to the Indiana Code currently in force. TMVCI will publish a list of legislative goals annually.
- Individuals are encouraged to communicate to others the TMVCI Legislative Goals, and appropriate communications as directed.
- Individual subscribers are encouraged to promote the activities of TMVCI.
- Individual subscribers are encouraged to tell TMVCI about upcoming relevant activities and items of interest so they can be publicized across all member organizations.
- Individual subscribers are encouraged to actively participate in and promote TMVCI principles. These principles are to Advocate, Celebrate and Educate (ACE). Advocating is seeking legislation to be adopted in the Indiana General Assembly. Celebrating deals with special activities undertaken, such as having the Colonel H. Weir Cook Memorial designed, built and installed at the Indianapolis international Airport. Educating involves communicating to your members and the public information about those we serve. An example could be attending the annual information fair on the Saturday after Veterans Day where you bring a few friends and encourage them to become subscribers.
** This is the key responsibility of individuals who become subscribers.
NOTE: An individual subscription is FREE and there are no financial commitments made by any member or subscriber of TMVCI.